Head of HR
UK & Ireland > LHR
ABOUT THE JOB
Would others describe you as a passionate HR leader with a deep understanding of developing people and leading organizational change in an operational blue collar environment? Would you thrive in a role that gives you the chance to make a real impact in a continuously changing environment where HR is a true business partner in achieving results? Well then, this opportunity is for you!
We are looking to appoint a Head of HR to join our expanding business. In this role, you will collaborate closely with your HR colleagues and operational leaders, who will give you a broad understanding of our business. We are looking for a true business partner who is focused on bringing value by overseeing all HR matters from recruitment through advising managers and negotiating with trade unions.
TCR UK is one of the biggest entities within the group with about 400 employees based across several UK sites: London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow. You will be an active member in the UK management team and report to the General Manager UK and dotted line to HR Director of the group. You will have a small team of 3 talented HR advisors reporting into you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- To be considered for this Head of HR role you will have solid experience (5 to 10 years) as an Head of HR, HR director or senior HR manager in an industrial environment working with blue collars.
- The role requires a broad range of experience in managing all aspects of HR operations with a focus on organizational development and industrial relations.
- You bring a high level of autonomy, as well as excellent UK law knowledge, extensive proven ER experience and case work including working with and negotiating with Trade Unions.
- You are a talent in negotiating, communication and building relationships with employees, managers and stakeholders from different levels.
- You tailor your approach and make the balance between comprehensive or assertive behavior whenever required.
- You are very switched on, able to effectively solve problems and have a focus on getting things done.
- You thrive in a dynamic, multicultural and diverse environment where work can be non-routine and complex. You learn fast.
WHERE YOU WILL CREATE THE MOST IMPACT:
- Drive the best employee experience through overall management around our HR policies, strategies and roadmap;
- You are to ensure highly qualified personnel and to guarantee the permanent development of the entire staff of TCR UK, whatever their position. In close collaboration with the training manager and the operations team, you and your team drive the group training program for technicians.
- You support and advise leadership and employees on interpretation and application of employment laws, employee agreements and HR policies and procedures;
- Together with your team, you resolve employees' issues and handle complaints to protect the general interests;
- You lead negotiations between the organization and employees;
- Provide in-house coaching to senior managers on HR matters such as disciplinary/grievance issues, performance appraisals, etc as and when required;
- Develop, lead and maintain a motivated and high performant HR team;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and quality standards;
- Work in partnership with TCR’s global HR team to ensure local HR initiatives are in line with TCR guidelines and our talent management strategy.
To all recruitment agencies:
TCR does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, TCR employees or any other organization location. TCR is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Contact Person: Annick Neyt
Deadline date for application: 28/02/2020
Unit 1, Building 16265, Exeter Way, Hatton Cross
See on the map
Apply for this job