Belgium > Headquarters Zaventem
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting time for our company! We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of airport equipment solutions to a global leader. The Procurement Manager role is a new position
As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for end to end sourcing of products and services which are essential to our operations. In addition, you will be responsible for all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives.
For this position, we are eager to find a highly motivated professional with excellent negotiating skills who loves a fast-paced environment and international contacts. You learn fast.
WHERE YOU'LL CREATE THE MOST IMPACT
- Define the sourcing and procurement vision and strategy in line with our business strategy, implement actions to ensure that our goals are achieved
- Assess current procurement practices, effectively apply strategic sourcing methodologies and identify opportunities for cost-reduction
- Negotiate with and contract suppliers, hereby optimizing their total cost of ownership
- Develop strong, functional relationships with key suppliers.
- Ensure proper control and consistent application of Procurement best practices
- Challenge suppliers and internal customers to identify and implement innovative designs, value-add specification changes, concepts and materials.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Perform annual analyses to evaluate overall cost savings after implementation of new strategies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- To be considered for this Procurement Manager role you will have profound knowledge of sourcing and procurement and ca. 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in worldwide sourcing of equipment, spare parts and services
- Since we operate in a technical environment, you have a degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent by experience
- You have a strategic vision for the long-term growth and development of the procurement function
- You are a hands-on, results-oriented and quality-driven person with outstanding analytical skills
- You are talented in negotiating, influencing and building relationships.
- You are very switched on and have a focus on getting things done.
- You are a teamplayer with the capacity to work independently when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
This is an exciting time for our company! We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of integrated solutions for GSE (Ground Support Equipment) to a global leader. TCR offers rental, lease and maintenance of GSE. We are headquartered in Steenokkerzeel (Belgium), have approximately 1300 employees and are operational in over 160 airports in 18 countries, in Europe, Asia Pacific and the USA.
To all recruitment agencies:
TCR does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, TCR employees or any other organization location. TCR is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this job