Senior System Engineer
Belgium > Headquarters Zaventem
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting time for our company! We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of airport equipment solutions to a global leader.
As a Sr. System Engineer you will be part of our IT infrastructure team. You are based at our centralised IT department and HQ in Steenokkerzeel. Not afraid to do some travel? Great, since we would like to see you visiting the world. This for about 20% of your time. You will also work closely with your colleagues to help them achieve the highest standards.
The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations. Next to this you are a talent in communication and project management. You have a thirst for knowledge so that the latest features are old news to you.
WHERE YOU'LL CREATE MOST IMPACT
You will be supporting our business by being responsible to:
- Design and maintain a reliable, scalable and secure multi-site and multi-lingual cloud based ICT Infrastructure
- Propose and implement relevant contemporary Information Systems and Technology developments
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Collaborate with staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary Information Systems and Technology developments.
- Participate to the ICT Service Desk third line support duties
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has knowledge recognised through a comprehensive set of official certificates
- Is eager to learn – competences objectivated by acquiring additional certificates
- Is pragmatic and customer oriented
- Is pro-active in work approach
- Works structured, conscientious and rigorous
- Has the ability to listen and to deliver clear and easy to understand messages
- Is stress resistant and flexible (e.g. for travel, working hours, etc.)
- Has broad and strong technical background – ability to both tackle local issues and build a global perspective
- Is fluent in English – oral and written
- Is fun to work with :-)
Apply for this job